Skills Linguistics + Graphic Design + Salesforce + Research, Research Synthesis + Event planning + Public Speaking + Human Centered Design
For a copy of my professional resume document, please contact me at email@example.com.
Davidson, North Carolina
- Bachelor of Arts in Educational Studies (Focus on Sociology and Politics of Public Education) Expected May 2017
- John Montgomery Belk Scholar
- GPA: 3.46
Saint Paul Central High School
Saint Paul, Minnesota, May 2013
CENTER FOR POLITICAL ENGAGEMENT Founder, Chair
- Developed multi-partisan events on campus including speakers, forums, student gatherings.
- Represented students of all political ideologies, reconciling personal politics and executive representative responsibilities.
- Moderated and managed online presence, mediating criticism, questions, and personal attacks.
- Delegated logistical skills to three sub-organizations and managed the overarching logistical needs for carrying out events.
- Fostered civil political engagement throughout the 2016 election.
DAVIDSON COLLEGE STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION Director of Special Projects
- Instituted State of the Campus and SGA Collaborative—events focused on creating opportunities for students, faculty, and administration to interface and streamline various campus campaigns.
- Worked with my co-director to plan and carry out the above programming.
- Met and brainstormed with administration, SGA members, and students to plan specific events.
- Designed graphics for the publicity.
TEACH FOR AMERICA Campus Campaign Recruiter, Campus Ambassador
- Recruit and guide possible applicants and applicants for Teach For America.
- Manage possible applicants’ information on online platform (Salesforce) and campus awareness events.
- Present to groups and classes on campus about applying to Teach for America.
- Attend weekly meetings with supervisors and plan their visits to campus to help them interface with applicants.
HER CAMPUS AT DAVIDSON Vice President, Event Coordinator, Writer
- Collaborate with President to maintain membership and member standards.
- Organize events and delegate responsibilities to members as needed.
- Attend weekly meetings to brainstorm, discuss, and assign the next week of articles.
- Write articles for various topics, of various levels of levity and seriousness for online publication.
WARNER HALL HOUSE Red and Black Ball Committee Chair (Desserts)
- Coordinated and oversaw campus wide bake sale.
- Supported Red and Black Ball Chairwomen in planning the event and raising $50,000 for HIV/AIDs medical care in Mwandi and Charlotte.
STUDENTS CONSULTING FOR NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS Team Leader: Smithville Community Coalition Revitalization Effort
- Create a community survey to assist urban planners and community leaders in revitalization plans.
- Research history and current climate of neighborhood to prevent gentrification efforts.
- Host and facilitate conversation around topics and questions about life at Davidson.
MECK ED Research Intern
- Researched local and national policies on charter schools.
- Collaborated with Adam Rhew and Bill Anderson to create list of FAQ from public about charter schools.
- Designed and in-depth info-graphic for MeckEd’s website.
BILLINGSVILLE LEADERSHIP ACADEMY Summer Administrative Intern with Davidson Education Scholars
- Collaborated with administration to operate and organize Summer School Program.
- Taught K-5th graders about healthy habits.
- Re-designed the school’s signs, hallway posters, and logo.
- Helped with summer administrative duties: interviewing job candidates, enrolling students, offering informal emotional support to students, processing standardized testing materials.
OpenIDEO Human Centered Design Fellow
- Completed IDEO’s Early Childhood Preparation challenge- included brainstorming, interviewing, prototyping, research
- Facilitated brainstorming sessions and trained other students in Human Centered Design philosophy
- Prototyped app to encourage parents of children to commit to series of challenges to augment parenting experience
TEACH FOR AMERICA DC Region 2017 ELA Teacher
- Highly qualified teacher for secondary ELA students (grades 7-12)
- Create lesson plans in accordance with school, federal, and district policy
- Prepare students to critically engage with the English language, literature, and their own writing
- Participate in on-going district, school, and TFA professional development